- 125 g fine asparagus
- 200 g mushrooms
- 150 g frozen peas
- 200 g gram flour
- 300 ml plant milk
- 1/2 T stock powder
- 1 stalk fresh tarragon
- 1 T sunflower oil
- 50 g vegan cheese optional, I used Applewood smoked cheese
- Remove the ends of the asparagus if they are stringy. You can do this by bending about an inch or two from the bottom. They stringy end should snap off.
- Finely slice the mushrooms and defrost the peas in hot water.
- Put the gram flour and HALF the plant milk in a bowl with salt and stock powder. Mix with a whisk until the lumps have disappeared. Add the remaining milk.
- Finely chop the fresh tarragon, add it to the bowl with the vegetables and mix in well.
- Heat a wide frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add the oil, once it is very hot add the contents of the bowl, spending it out across the pan.
- Cook for around 15 minutes until the underside is golden brown. Add cheese (if you are using it) then put the frittata under a hot grill for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is cooked through. Serve immediately.