Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 500 g/16oz potatoes peeled and grated
- 200 g/7oz firm tofu patted dry and crumbled into small pieces
- Handful of fresh spinach or rocket roughly chopped (or use frozen, defrosted)
- 3 tbsp gram chickpea flour, mixed with 3 tbsp warm water in a small bowl
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cumin or caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper optional
Pat dry the tofu, before crumbling it into a mixing bowl with the grated potato.
Add the spinach or rocket, gram flour mixture, cumin, plain flour, salt and pepper and stir the ingredients.
Shape the mixture into 6 round rosti, be firm with it but try not to over handle. If it is too wet to hold its shape, add a little more flour.
Add a little oil to a large, non-stick frying pan and fry on a medium heat, turning half way through, until golden. Press down the rosti and encourage them to keep their shape using a fish slice.
Serve with a small side salad or leaves and tomatoes and a tablespoon of hummus (optional).