Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 100 g/½ cup plus 2 tbsp gram flour
- 180 ml/¾ cup water
- Pinch black salt kala namak or regular salt
- Pinch turmeric
- ? tsp baking powder
- Handful grated melting vegan cheese our favourites are Applewood and Sheese Greek Style
- 4 artichoke hearts in oil drained
- Handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 black or Kalamata olives
- Sprinkling of chopped parsley
- Handful toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of our romesco salsa or use a shop-bought sundried tomato pesto eg Sacla
Thoroughly mix the gram flour, water, salt, turmeric and baking powder to make a batter.
In a non-stick pan, heat a little oil then add the batter. Fry on one side until golden.
Flip over and add the grated cheese (if using). Again, heat until golden on this side.
Sprinkle the veg over the cooked omelette and add the romesco or shop-bought salsa.
Serve with a nice side salad.