Perfect for pizza night, gather round, grab a slice and enjoy! by Romy London for Squeaky Bean
- 300 g plain flour
- 4 g dry active yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 ml luke-warm water
- oil small amount
- 100 ml tomato passata
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 pack Squeaky Bean Garlic & Herb Chicken Style Pieces
- 2 chunks spinach frozen
- 1 bulb garlic (including 3 roasted cloves for the garlic and herb dip)
- vegan mozzarella to taste
- 1 red onion sliced, caramelised (cook in oil, salt and brown sugar)
- basil fresh and chopped
Garlic and Herb Dip
- 150 g vegan yoghurt (greek style, thick)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pickle juice (from Vadasz Red Onion Pickles, or those of your choice)
- Place the flour, salt, and yeast into a large mixing bowl, combine with a woodenspoon and create a well in the middle, pour in the lukewarm water and combine into adough. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes, then place the dough ballback into the bowl. Brush with a little olive oil, cover, and place in a warm place for 90minutes.
- Cut off the top of an entire garlic bulb, drizzle it with a little oil and wrap it in kitchenfoil. Roast the garlic at 200C in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until fragrant and soft.
- In the meantime, defrost the spinach in a bowl, combine your ingredients for thetomato sauce and caramelise your red onion in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a littlebrown sugar, and a sprinkle of salt.
- When your garlic is roasted, add 3 cloves to a blender or food processor and whip upyour garlic & herb dip with the rest of the ingredients. Set the rest of the garlic clovesaside as a pizza topping.
- Once the time for your pizza dough elapses, remove the dough from the bowl andknead it on a floured surface for 2 minutes before separating the dough into 2 balls.
- Preheat your oven to 200C and stretch out your dough balls into your pizza base.
- Spread the pizza sauce across the base and add your toppings: Squeaky BeanGarlic & Herb Chicken Style Pieces, spinach, caramelised red onion, garlic cloves, andvegan mozzarella.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until your pizza is cookedand the cheeze melted. Sprinkle with fresh, chopped basil and serve hot alongside thegarlic and herb dip.
This recipe is sponsored by Squeaky Bean. You can find it’s plant-based Garlic and Herb Chicken Style Pieces in Waitrose stores nationwide.