Vegan corn ribs with creamy smoky chipotle aioli dipping sauce!
- Ingredients for the corn “ribs”
- 4 corn on the cobs cut into 16 ribs
- 3 tbsp olive oil + extra if needed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Pink Himalyan salt and black pepper to taste
- Ingredients for the smoky chipotle aioli
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ apple cider vinegar with “the Mother”
- ¼ tsp chipotle paste
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp white miso optional
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- Serving suggestion:
- Serve corn ribs with smoky chipotle aioli and freshly chopped parsley
Method for the corn “ribs”
Be very careful cutting the corn, it takes some practise and you may need to use a few different knives until you get the hang of it. Stand the corn vertically upright and slice straight through the core, then slice again so you have 4 pieces of corn. Repeat until all the corn has been cut. Mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and dip the corn ribs into the marinade, cover generously. I used my Air Fryer on high at 204C for 12-15 minutes to make these but they can easily be baked as well in a preheated oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes. Once cooked they will naturally curve and bend to their desired shape.
Method for the smoky chipotle aioli
Combine all the ingredients together in a blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth and creamy.
This recipe was republished with permission from Mira Weiner.
Find the original recipe here.