For the base
- 150 g gluten-free oat flour gluten-free oats blended into a flour in the food processor
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the mince meat filling
- 75 g mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 orange juice zest of
- 1/2 orange juice of
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan
- To make the filling – add all the filling ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over a low/medium heat for 15-20 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated. Set to one side while you make the pastry.
- To make the pastry – mix the oat flour, ground almonds and salt in a bowl, then pour in the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix again to form a dough.
- Divide between a 12 cup mini silicon muffin tray saving about 1/4 of the mixture to create the star shaped toppings. Press down and up the sides of the moulds to create cases.
- Use the remaining base mixture to create stars – roll out between two pieces of baking paper. Using a small star shaped cookie cutter, cut out star shapes.
- Start filling with the mince meat mixture, then top each mince pie with the pastry star cut out.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry edges are golden brown.