- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 3 tbsp
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder sifted
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp soy milk warm
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C).
- Grease your doughnut pan (if needed).
- Prepare your flax egg by whisking together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and flax mixture together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Using a piping bag or a large Ziploc bag (see note below), pipe the mixture into each cavity of your doughnut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the pan sit for a few minutes before removing the doughnuts.
- Remove the doughnuts from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
While doughnuts are cooling, make the glaze
- Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl and add the warm milk, and vanilla. (Add cocoa powder as well if making the chocolate glaze)
- Mix until everything has combined into a liquid glaze. (If glaze is too thick, add a little more milk)
- When the doughnuts have fully cooled (they don’t take long!), dip the tops of each doughnut into the glaze. Repeat with all the doughnuts.
- Place the doughnuts back onto the cooling rack for the excess glaze to drip off and for the glaze to firm up. (Place a piece of parchment paper under the rack to catch the drips!)