Prefer a Crepe on Pancake Day? That's okay, this recipe has got you covered! Topped with Orange zest and Maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp cold water
- In a bowl mix the ingredients together with a whisk to remove all the lumps.
- Add more cold water if needed (it needs to be thin but not too much.)
- Spray a hot flat pan with coconut oil or neutral oil and pour a ladder of the batter on your pan away from the heat – quickly moving the batter around the hot pan to spread it thinly. (Being fast and not pouring too much batter is the key in making proper thin French crepes)
- Leave to cook on medium heat for about 1 min per side then flip with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Keep the cooked crepe on the side and cook the remaining crepes the same way.
- Top with your favourite toppings: orange zest and maple syrup or jam or vegan notella!
This recipe was republished with permission from Healthy French Wife. You can find the original recipe here.