These gluten-free and refined sugar-free vegan chocolate protein muffins are a great snack for on the go and make a delicious healthy dessert.
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed ground
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Ripe Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup dairy-free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside for 5 minutes, this creates a flax egg.
- In a large cup, stir together 1 cup of soy milk and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes, this creates the vegan buttermilk.
- To a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of oat flour, 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup of vegan protein powder, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mash 1 ripe banana with a fork. Then mix in 1/2 cup of maple syrup, 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of vegan buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients bowl into the dry ingredients bowl, add the flax egg, and gently mix the batter until combined.
- Line the muffin pan with liners or use a nonstick silicone muffin pan. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into each mold. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for 35-40 minutes. Stick a knife or toothpick to check it’s fully baked.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan and enjoy!
This recipe was republished with permission from Maria’s Munchies.