- 250 g banana weight without skins
- 150 g dates soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- 100 g walnuts save 12 whole for tops and finely chop the rest
- 100 g porridge/fine oats
- 100 g gram flour
- 2 t cinnamon powder
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 150 ml water from soaking the dates
- Heat your oven to 170c/325f/GM3.
- Cut 6 pieces of baking paper, line the muffin pan with the paper.
- Put the banana and dates (removed from the water) in a jug. Blend with a hand blender until smooth (you can also use a food processor or smoothie blender for this).
- Put the finely chopped walnuts, oats, gram flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Mix well, add the banana/date mixture to the bowl, plus vinegar and water. Mix well, pour into the muffin pan quickly (the bicarbonate will start reacting to the vinegar immediately).
- Put the remaining walnuts on top of the muffins. Bake the muffins for around 30 minutes until they are completely cooked through.
- Serve either on their own or with a dollop of smooth peanut butter.