- 400 g strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 300 g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup strawberry compote
- digestive biscuits
- rinse strawberries, cut off leaves and halve. add to a small saucepan and heat on medium, along with lemon juice and maple syrup. cook for 10-12 mins until slightly thickened. set aside to cool, and once at room temperature, transfer to the fridge (in a jar or covered bowl) until completely chilled.
- in a blender or food processor, blend together silken tofu, coconut, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- add chia seeds and blend, pulse briefly, or just stir in, depending whether you want them fully or partially whole, or blended completely into the cheesecake filling.
- pour half of the filling into small serving jars, distributing evenly amongst them (you can 2-4 jars depending on the size). set in fridge to chill and firm up (about 10-15 mins)
- meanwhile, add 1/4 cup of the strawberry compote to the rest of the filling and blend until well incorporated.
- once the bottom layer of cheesecake is set, pour the strawberry filling into the jars evenly and set again.
- break/crush digestive biscuits into small chunks or a coarse crumb.
- when the strawberry layer is set, top jars with compote and biscuit crumble and enjoy!