- 250 g millet
- 300 g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla pod de seeded and sliced
- 1 ltr soy milk
- 250 g strawberries washed, destalked fresh berries for garnish
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Cook strawberries in pan with 50g of the sugar and approx 100ml water until soft.
- Remove strawberries and spoon into ramekins.
- Reduce the remaining liquor until syrup like consistency, and pour over the strawberries.
- Boil millet in water for 5 mins. Drain and rinse.
- Place in pan with 125g cup of the sugar, vanilla pod, soya milk and coconut oil.
- Cook until it reaches thick consistency while stirring continuously – this can take some time, approx 20 mins.
- Check sweetness and add more sugar if necessary.
- Blitz thoroughly in food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour millet mixture over the top of strawberries.
- Allow to set in fridge. For service, sprinkle sugar over the top and caramelize with blow torch. Garnish with fresh berries etc.