How gorgeous is this! So colorful, sweet and zesty! We think it would be great on the table at Easter time!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 1/2 can coconut cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 lemons (just the juice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Mix crust ingredients together in a bowl and then put it on a parchment paper lined 9 inch tart pan. Distribute the crust evenly, pressing around the edges. Poke few holes in the center of the crust then bake the crust for 15 min at 350 F oven. Cover the edges to prevent from browning too quickly. Take it out set it aside.
- In a med saucepan, bring the coconut cream to boil stirring it frequently. Add the sugar, lemon juice, zest, turmeric, vanilla extract, Keep stirring over a low heat.
- In a separate bowl, Mix 4 tablespoons of corn starch with 1/3 cup of coconut milk or soy milk, mix well to get rid off any lumps. Add the mixture slowly the filling mix in a saucepan, keep stirring to avoid lumps for 5-8 min until custard thickens. The filling should be thick and custard like. Cook it little longer of the custard is not thick enough. Remove from the heat. Pour the filling into the crust. Distribute the filling evenly.
- Put the tart in a flat surface in the fridge for at least 5 hours to set.
- Decorate your tart with fresh strawberries, blueberries and more lemon zest.
This recipe was republished with permission from Naturally Zuzu. Find the original recipe here.