With minimal prep time you can impress friends and family minus the fuss. They are also great to make as a gift!
- 200 g/7 oz digestive or rich tea biscuits
- 300 g/10½ oz chocolate we used 70% cocoa solids – this is very rich so use a lighter chocolate or a mix of light and dark chocolate if you prefer
- 125 g/4½ oz vegan butter we used Naturli Vegan Block
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g/3½ oz vegan mini marshmallows
- 50 g/2 cups puffed rice optional
- 50 g/¼ cup raisins optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar sieved or 30g/1 oz vegan white chocolate, melted
- Grease and line a 20cm square brownie tin.
- In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate, golden syrup, butter and salt on a low heat.
- Place the 200g biscuits in a freezer bag and bash them into pieces. It’s good to have a mixture of biscuit dust, smaller and larger pieces.
- Add the biscuits, marshmallows, raisins and puffed rice to the melted chocolate mixture and stir through until completely covered.
- Empty the mixture into the lined baking tin, spreading evenly.
- Pop it in the fridge and chill for 2 hours minimum.
- To decorate, dust with icing sugar or drizzle with melted vegan white chocolate.
This recipe was republished with permission from Viva’s Vegan Recipe Club. Find the original recipe here.