- 1 x 280g roll gluten free puff pastry
- 300 g frozen cherries
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 T cornflour
- 1/4 t cinnamon optional
- 1 t syrup agave, rice, golden
- 1 t water
- Heat your oven to 180c/360f/GM4.
- Cut 4 rounds of pastry big enough to fit into the tart tins with a little over hang. Keep any remaining pastry for the top. Press the pastry into the tart tins and trim off the excess with a knife.
- Put baking paper into each tart tin then fill them with uncooked rice or baking balls. This will stop the pastry from puffing up. Bake the tart cases for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is starting to turn golden.
- Whilst the tart cases are baking make the filling. Put the cherries, sugar, cornflour and cinnamon in a saucepan. Heat on a medium heat, the cherries will release juice that will mix with the cornflour to make a sauce. Cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick.
- Cut the remaining pastry into strips and mix 1t syrup with 1t water in a small bowl or cup.
- Once the tart cases are part baked remove the rice/baking balls and baking paper. Divide the filling between the tart cases, top with the strips of pastry in a lattice and brush the pastry with the syrup/water mixture. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the pastry lattice is golden.