- 300 g plain flour
- 150 g sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g vegan spread
- 350 g blueberries
- 1 lemon zest of
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt optional
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan)/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a 20cm/8" square tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together apart from the butter/spread.
- Add the butter and work it in thoroughly with your hands until you have a fine crumble.
- Set aside 160g/1 cup of the crumble for the topping and press the rest of the crumble mix into the baking tin.
- Put it in the oven for 10 minutes then leave it to sit for 5-10 minutes before adding the blueberry filling.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Pour the blueberry filling onto the base, making sure it's evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the blueberries.
- Put in the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until golden on the top) but check after 20 minutes that it's not browning too quickly.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy as they are or with a nice helping of vegan ice cream or custard, fresh blueberries and mint.