Checkout these Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies! These easy plant-based brownies are made with simple ingredients and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil softened
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, oat milk and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the flaxseed mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into a well-greased 8×8 baking dish. I like to use a small amount of coconut oil to grease the dish.
- Bake for ~20 minutes on the middle rack. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the brownies. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done. Allow to cool before serving.
This recipe was republished with permission from Herbivore’s Kitchen. Find the original recipe here.