- 2 bananas
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Sticky Nut Topping
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by preheating your waffle iron, if your waffle iron is not non-stick, make sure to spray with a light coating of coconut oil before you put the waffle batter in the iron.
- Set your waffle iron aside to preheat while you prepare the batter.
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add your ripe bananas and mash until smooth. Then, add your remaining wet ingredients, non dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir until fully combined.
- Then, to the same bowl, add your gluten free oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Next, add your waffle batter to your waffle iron and close the lid to cook. For my Belgian waffle iron I used about 1/2 cup of batter for 1 waffle.
- While your waffles are cooking, to a small pan add your pecans, walnuts or nuts of choice.
- Place on medium heat to let toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Once your nuts are toasted, add your maple syrup and stir to combine. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until nut mixture is sticky. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Continue to cook waffles until all of your batter is used.
- When waffles are finished cooking, top with your sticky maple nuts, granola and maple syrup.
- Serve hot and enjoy!