- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp date syrup
Almond Butter Caramel
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup almonds whole or chopped
- 100 g vegan chocolate melted
- Line a slice/loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor combine the almond meal, oats and blend until fine. Then add the date syrup and almond butter to form a sticky dough. Press down with your hands to create a firm flat base. Place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- For the caramel combine in a blender the dates, vanilla, pinch of salt, almond butter and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the almond butter caramel over the base. Then top with almonds and place it back in the freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate and either dip the bars in or spread the chocolate on top of the almonds (easier option).
- Store in the freezer or fridge.