- 1 pack Abbot’s Butcher Slow Roasted Chick’n
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, served on the side
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1-2 shallots finely chopped
- Cook the Chick’n according to its package instructions with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the remaining extra virgin olive oil, garlic, shallot and capers. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine or broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and Chick’n. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce is reduced slightly. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Cook the angel hair pasta (this pasta cooks very fast, so you want to cook this last because if you cook it first, while it sits, it’ll cool and clump together). Drain pasta and place on a plate. Add the Chick’n piccatta & sauce on top of pasta. (Don’t add angel hair pasta to the sauce pan. Since the pasta is so thin, it may get overcooked in the sauce and become mushy. If you’re using linguine or spaghetti then you can add directly to the sauce). Top with fresh parsley and serve lemon wedges on the side.