Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Butternut Squash Roast
- 500 g butternut squash peeled weight with no seeds
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 red onion small dice
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 courgette in ¼ moons
- 1 red pepper small dice
- 1 tsp each: dried thyme dried rosemary
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 150 g pre cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 100 g dried apricots chopped
- 1 tin cannellini beans drained weight 240g
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 60 g oat flour
- Salt and black pepper
- To serve: pomegranate fresh greens, chutney
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180Fan/200*C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Toss the butternut squash cubes with some olive oil, salt and black pepper and 1 tsp dried rosemary. Roast for 30 minutes until tender. Remove the squash and reduce the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a round tin (approx. 20 cm).
- 2. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the red onion and garlic and fry for 10 minutes. Add the courgette and red pepper and fry for another 10 minutes until soft. Now add the dried herbs, nutmeg, chestnuts and apricots and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Add the squash cubes to a food processor and blitz to a chunky paste. Add in the drained beans and tamari soy sauce and blend again until combined but chunky.
- 4. Pour the wet mixture into the same mixing bowl and stir together with the oat flour until sticky. Transfer to the lined round in, smooth over the top and press down to ensure the mixture is compact. Roast for 50-60 minutes.