Reading Time: < 1 minute
Buffalo Chickpea Sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce passata
- 3 tbsp hot sauce or more to taste
- 2 tbsp plant based milk
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Spice mix: 1 tsp onion powder 3/4 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, sea salt, ground pepper, and chili powder to taste
- 10 small tortillas gluten (free if needed about 14 cm in diameter)
- vegan cheese sauce or your favorite dipping sauce
Using a fork, roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
Heat oil in a pan/skillet over medium heat and add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic and spice mix and sauté for a further minute.
Add all other sauce ingredients + chickpeas to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Let simmer on low heat for about 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
Taste the mixture, if you want it spicier, add more chili powder to taste.
Preheat oven to 410 degrees F (210 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place about 2 tbsp of the filling onto each tortilla and roll them up tightly. Place every tortilla seam-side down on the baking sheet, next to each other.
Brush them with a little bit of vegetable oil (to make them even more crispy).
Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Drizzle with vegan cheese sauce (optional). Enjoy with your favorite dip!