Looking for a vegan, soy free, gluten free, nut free breakfast idea? Here you go! This black bean breakfast hash is a great way to start your day
- 1 russet potato
- 4 creamer potatoes or 2 russet potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 6 Shishito peppers (optional)
- 1/3 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 can black beans about 8 oz
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 lime
- Wash the potatoes and cut into small cubes. You can leave the skin on or peel it, your choice.
- In a big pan add 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil and add in the potatoes in. Add 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes. Put on a low heat and cover with a lid. Cook the potatoes or 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks.
- While the potatoes cook finally chop the peppers and onions.
- Once the potatoes have become a bit softer and are starting to get a little crisp and brown add the 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Then add in 1/4 tsp salt, the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and parsley. Toss everything together to combine.
- Cook everything for another 15 minutes. I like to toss everything and then flatten it out so the bottom can get crispy. Then after a few minutes give it another toss, flatten, let it cook and repeat. You can do this for as long as you like until everything is cooked to your preference.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking add in the black beans.
- Be sure to taste the hash and see if you need to add anymore seasonings you may need to add more salt.
- If eating right away you can top with some vegan chipotle mayo, avocado and lime juice.
- If you are meal prepping allow to cool and add it into your container. When ready to eat you can add the other things on top.
This recipe was republished with permission from Plantifully Based. Find the original recipe here.