Looking for a vegan, soy free, gluten free, nut free breakfast idea? Here you go! This black bean breakfast hash is a great way to start your day
- 1 russet potato
- 4 creamer potatoes or 2 russet potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 6 Shishito peppers (optional)
- 1/3 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 can black beans about 8 oz
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 lime
- Wash the potatoes and cut into small cubes. You can leave the skin on or peel it, your choice.
- In a big pan add 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil and add in the potatoes in. Add 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes. Put on a low heat and cover with a lid. Cook the potatoes or 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks.
- While the potatoes cook finally chop the peppers and onions.
- Once the potatoes have become a bit softer and are starting to get a little crisp and brown add the 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Then add in 1/4 tsp salt, the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and parsley. Toss everything together to combine.
- Cook everything for another 15 minutes. I like to toss everything and then flatten it out so the bottom can get crispy. Then after a few minutes give it another toss, flatten, let it cook and repeat. You can do this for as long as you like until everything is cooked to your preference.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking add in the black beans.
- Be sure to taste the hash and see if you need to add anymore seasonings you may need to add more salt.
- If eating right away you can top with some vegan chipotle mayo, avocado and lime juice.
- If you are meal prepping allow to cool and add it into your container. When ready to eat you can add the other things on top.