Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
- 1 block Puff Pastry
- 1 tbs Plain Flour for dusting
- Handful Basil chopped fine
- Handful Parsley chopped fine
- Handful Chives chopped fine
- Zest 1 Lemon grated
- 4 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Bunches Asparagus woody ends removed
- 2 tbs Vegan Margarine
- 2 tbs Plain Flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups 360ml Non Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch Dried Garlic
- Pinch Dried Onion
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast optional
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C & line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface, and roll the pastry to around an A4 paper sized rectangle about 3mm thick. Score a 1cm border around the pastry using a knife. Carefully place the pastry onto your lined baking tray.
- Mix the chopped herbs with the lemon zest, olive oil & seasoning. Brush the herb mixture inside the pastry border, evenly.
- Arrange the asparagus neatly on top of the herby pastry making sure you’re keeping the spears inside the border.
- Set the pastry aside whilst you quickly make your cheese sauce.
- Add the milk to a saucepan with the garlic, salt, onion & nutritional yeast & warm up over low heat.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan placed over low heat, when melted, add the flour. Mix well & quickly for 1 minute. Carefully whisk in the warm milk. Once all the lumps are removed & the sauce has thickened up to cheese like consistency, remove the cheese sauce from the heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the centre of the asparagus tart.
- Place the tart into the over for 25-30 minutes on the bottom shelf.
- Once beautifully crispy and golden remove the tart from the oven & serve.