Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Vegan Toad In The Hole
- 2 cups/260g Self Raising Flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cups/480ml Non Dairy Milk, or enough to make it a pancake batter style consistency
- 8 Vegan Sausages
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 10 Button Mushrooms halved
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cup/240ml Red Wine
- 1 cup/240ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbs Marmite or Miso Paste
- 2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbs Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees C.
- Place the sausages into a large nonstick 2-inch deep baking tray, and drizzle over the oil.
- Place the sausages into the oven for 15 minutes & whilst they are in the oven mix together the batter.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder & sea salt, then mix well. Whisk in enough soy milk to make a pancake batter style consistency.
- Remove the sausages from the oven then carefully pour the batter into the tray, place the tray back into the oven on the bottom shelf for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the gravy, place a large saucepan over medium heat then add the oil.
- When the pan is hot add the onions, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary & seasoning, sauté the mixture for 4-5 minutes letting the mushrooms go lovely and golden.
- Stir in the flour & cook for a couple of minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and scrape all the lovely flavor off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stock, miso, vinegar & sugar.
- Let the gravy simmer away for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the toad in the hole has risen and is golden & crisp, remove it from the oven.
- Cut it up into slices and serve it with lots of gravy and greens.