Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Vegan Chick’n Pot Pie
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour [330g]
- 1 cup vegan butter cold [224g]
- 6 tbsp ice cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 package Tofurky chick’n
- 1 tbsp olive oil [15ml]
- 3 carrots chopped [90g]
- 1/2 onion chopped [100g]
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour [24g]
- 3 tbsp vegan butter [42g]
- 1 cup non dairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored [240ml]
- 1 cup vegetable broth [240ml]
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas [190g]
- 2/3 cup corn [90g]
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Prepare the dough by sifting the flour.
- Then add in the salt and sugar. Mix together.
- Make a well and add in the water and cut in the vegan butter.
- Using a fork work everything together until small pea sized crumbles form. You can also do this in a food processor.
- On a clean, floured surface empty the dough out and knead with your hands. Knead for about 1-2 minutes until the dough comes together.
- Cut the dough into two pieces and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- While it chills add oil, onions, carrots and garlic to a big pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until onions are clear.
- Then add the vegan butter in and cook until it melted.
- Once it is melted add in the flour and stir. Cook until flour no longer looks raw and is brown.
- Then add in the non-dairy milk and vegetable broth. Cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened and stir to make sure the flour does not form any clumps.
- Add in the frozen peas, corn, chick’n, salt, pepper and thyme and mix together. Cook for 3-4 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 400F [200C].
- On a clean, floured surface roll the dough balls out to be about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Only work one piece of dough at a time as it is very important for the dough to stay chilled.
- Drape the dough over the dish and then press it in, cut off any excess dough.
- Add the filling into the middle.
- Using the other piece of dough, roll it out again and drape it over the top.
- Cut off any excess dough.
- Make an X on top to ventilate the pie. Then seal the edges by either fluting the pie or using a fork to press down on the edges.
- This is optional: if you like mix 2 tbsp of non-dairy milk + a pinch of turmeric together. Brush on top of the pie to make it extra golden.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is golden brown on top.
- Allow the pie to sit for 5 minutes before enjoying.