Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Store Cupboard Chocolate Tart
Head to the pantry and you’re sure to have most of the ingredients to make this simple tart
- 1 cup or coffee mug mixed nuts (whatever you have in your cupboard)
- 1/4 cup mix of cacao nibs and pine nuts don’t worry if you don’t have these
- 8 juicy Medjool dates if using dried dates, add an extra 4 dates and soak in warm water for 30 mins
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 bar dark chocolate around 100g / 4oz
- single cream I used Oatly (100ml / 1/2 cup)
- 1 square of chocolate to grate on top
- pinch of salt
- Roast the nuts at 180ºC (350ºF) for 10 minutes
- Once golden add food processor with the cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, and dates and blend until sticky
- Press down into the base of a tart tin and set aside
- Pour in the 3 tbsp peanut butter to create the middle layer (feel free to add more peanut butter)
- Heat the single cream in a bain-marie then add the chocolate and slowly melt together adding a pinch of salt, then pour over the peanut butter layer and leave to set
- Once set, grate the square of chocolate on the top to finish!
- Keep chilled, and remove from the fridge a few minutes before eating to allow to go to warm a little (it tastes better!)