Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Seedy Wholemeal Soda Bread
- 450 g spelt or wholemeal flour plus extra for dusting
- 80 g mixed seeds plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a large pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp syrup
- 150 ml plain coconut or other yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 170Fan/190*C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Measure the yoghurt into a measuring jug and top up with water to reach 450ml. Stir in the syrup.
3. Stir together the flour, seeds, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and bring together with a knife until you have a sticky dough. Leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a large round or oval, about 25 cm. Do not knead the dough or handle it too much. Transfer to the baking sheet, sprinkle over a few more seeds (about 1-2 tbsp), lightly score the dough horizontally a few times and bake for 30-35 minutes until it is golden and sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack, covered in a clean tea towel to keep the crust soft. Keep the loaf air-tight and best enjoyed fresh (within 2-3 days).