Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Cajun Pumpkin Soup
The perfect soup for Winter. Creamy, warming, sweet, and spicy! Goes great with vegan cream cheese on toast too
- 1 Medium sized Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & cubed (my pumpkin was 8kg)
- 3 tbs Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 tbs Dried Sage
- Drizzle Olive Oil leave out if keeping this recipe oil (free)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Onions peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic peeled & roughly chopped
- 480 ml/2 cups non dairy Milk
- approx 720ml/3 cups Vegetable Stock more may be needed depending the amount of Pumpkin you’ve used
- Squeeze Lemon Juice
- Handfull Pumpkin Seeds
- Drizzle Vegan Cream
- Sprinkle of Dried Chilli Flakes
- Toast with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the pumpkin into a roasting tray with the cajun, sage, seasoning & oil. Mix it all up using your hands.
- Roast the pumpkin in your oven for around 45 minutes to an hour – or until its tender.
- When the pumpkin is cooked. Place a large saucepan over a medium heat & a drop of oil or water if you’re keeping this recipe oil-free, onion & garlic. Sauté the mix with a pinch of salt for 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin to the saucepan, followed by the milk & vegetable stock.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes before blending it until super smooth.
- Blend the soup a few ladles at a time & if it’s too thick add more vegetable stock.
- Check the soup is seasoned ok before serving with the garnishes.
- Soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.