Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Butter Beans Pesto Salad
Beans are a great way to get in healthy sources of plant-protein, minerals, and fibre! They are great in stews, but also in salads like this. The creamy pesto really makes it extra delicious and filling, and is perfect for lunch boxes.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 can of drained and rinsed butter beans
- 350 g of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cucumber – cut into cubes
- 1 red onion peeled and finely sliced
- An handful of rocket
- Optional: some crumbled Greek style vegan cheese crumbled on top
- A generous handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- To make the pesto place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you have a creamy consistency, add a touch of water if too thick.
- Combine the beans, cucumber, tomatoes, onion in a large bowl. Pour over the pesto and give it a good mix until all the veggies are coated in the pesto. Add the rocket leaves, crumbled cheese (if using) and some extra basil leaves.