Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Vegetable Lo Mein
- 15 20 shiitake mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp high heat, neutral
- 1 bunch broccolini washed and trimmed
- 1/2 red pepper washed and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini washed and spiralized
- 1 small yellow squash washed and spiralized
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 carrot washed and spiralized
- 1 pkg Ramen Noodles 4 “cakes” or 1 “cake” per person (I used Lotus Foods’ Organic Jade Pearl Rice Ramen Noodles)
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- green scallions sliced for garnishment
- Spiralize the carrots, zucchini and yellow squash. Set the carrots aside and put the zucchini and yellow squash in a colander. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and allow to rest until ready to stir fry.
- Cook the ramen noodles al dente according to package directions. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine the soy sauce, maple syrup and toasted sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Drain and pat the yellow squash and zucchini dry with a clean towel. It is important to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and water to your wok (or a large, deep-sided skillet). Simmer until the water has cooked off. Add 1 tbsp of neutral oil and sauté the shiitakes until browned. Add the broccolini and red pepper. Sauté until the broccolini is bright green. Remove from the wok.
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil and add in the cooked rice noodles. Toss gently as the noodles start to sear.
- Push the rice ramen to the side and add the spiralized vegetables to the wok. Toss for a minute or so, allowing them to sear. Add the other cooked vegetables and toss through the sauce. Stir fry until hot. Serve immediately with green scallions.