Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Super ‘Meaty’ Jackfruit Filling
- 250 g jackfruit *hard core removed, ripped into smaller chunks and excess water squeezed out
- 25 g ñora paste/carne de ñora replace with tomato puree if you can’t find ñora
- 125 g water
- 5 g cornstarch 2 tsp
- 15 g tamari 1 tbsp
- 4 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 3 tsp panela a healthier sugar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1. Heat up a frying pan on medium to high heat, adding 3 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot add the jackfruit and cook until it’s slightly crispy and lightly browned (around 4 minutes).
- 2. Bring down the heat to medium, add the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent the spices from burning. Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil now!
- 3. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk or in a blender and then add to the frying pan (then lower the heat to medium/low). It will be watery at first but within 3 – 4 minutes the liquid will reduce and thicken into a sticky sauce.
- 4. Use your sticky, smoky, sweet jackfruit filling in sandwiches, burritos, tacos, pizza or however you like! For this dish, I used the filling to make burritos with my sunflower seed mozzarella, some rocket leaves, grated carrot and some caramelized onion.