The 12 most vegan-friendly service stations across the U.K have been revealed in a new list.
Online car-buying platform carwow compiled the list by analyzing the 12 motorway service stations found en-route to popular seaside destinations, looking at the number of plant-based options available (excluding items found at convenience stores).
Exeter and Leigh Delamere topped the list, each offering 30 ready-to-eat plant-based meals. Membury came in at last place, offering just 15.
In a statement sent to Plant Based News, Vix Leyton, consumer expert at www.carwow.co.uk, said that with ‘many Brits now opting to follow a more plant-based diet’, carwow wanted to help by ‘investigating which service station to the coast had the best options’.
Leyton added that by looking into the more general facilities, motorists can make an informed choice regarding their planned stops. Carwow was ‘surprised and entertained’ by the strength of feeling from its social media research into people’s favorite services.
U.K’s most vegan-friendly motorway services
- Exeter services (M5) – 30 (vegan food options)
- Leigh Delamere services (M4) – 30
- Cullompton services (M5) – 24
- Sandbach services (M6) – 23
- Chieveley services (M4) – 23
- Fleet services (M3) – 23
- Roadchef Rownhams (M27) – 23
- Winchester services (M3) – 21
- Knutsford services (M6) – 20
- Lymm services (M6) – 20
- Tiverton services (M5) – 18
- Membury (M4) – 15