Twice-Baked Potato Halves (Vegan)
- 6 small russet or yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds I used half of Daiya’s cheddar block and grated it
- ½ small red onion diced (around 1 ½ tbsp)
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- ¼ ½ tsp salt, or to taste*
- Spring Onions for topping
Tahini Dill Sauce
- ? cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 6 tbsp room temperature water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of paprika powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp salt to taste
- Heat your oven to 350F. Wash the potatoes well. Puncture the potatoes with some holes using a fork. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the potatoes into half. Using a small knife, mark the edges, leaving at least a ¼-inch border around the edges of the potatoes. Scoop out the potato with a spoon and place it in a mixing bowl. Repeat this for the rest of the potato halves.
- Mash the scooped out potatoes in the bowl. Add in the olive oil or vegan butter, cheese shreds, and chopped fresh parsley, if using. Mix well. Season with some salt, to taste. This will depend on the flavour of the vegan cheese you’re using.
- Place the mashed potato filling back into the potato halves. Top with cheese afterwards.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted. The cheese I used didnâ??t melt very well but these were really good and perfect for snacking! Top with some tahini dill sauce and spring onions, if desired. Enjoy!
Tahini Dill Sauce:
- In a bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil together. Slowly add the water one tablespoon at a time until you have reached you desired consistency. Mix in the fresh dill and paprika powder. Add the salt and season to taste. Mix well.
- You can store this in an air-tight container and refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks.