Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Mushroom Benedict with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
- 6 medium BBQ flat mushrooms
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 drop of Tabasco sauce
- 2 4 slices of bread (we used Turkish bread)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F°). Brush the mushrooms and asparagus with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. While that is baking, add the silken tofu, cashews, black salt, soy milk, nutritional yeast and turmeric into a blender. Blend for a minute until smooth. Heat the butter in a small saucepan. Pour the mixture into the saucepan, add the drop of Tabasco sauce and heat on medium to low heat, whisking frequently. It will thicken quickly, so if it gets too thick, add a splash of soy milk at a time to thin it out.
- Toast your bread, butter if desired, and top each slice with a handful of spinach leaves. Then place the cooked asparagus spears on top, and place the mushrooms on top of that. Pour the hollandaise sauce over the top and you are ready to eat!