- 700 g / 24.6oz strong white bread flour plus extra
- 2 tsp fast action yeast
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- large pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Flora Buttery or dairy free butter
- 250 ml / 8.4 fl.oz plant based milk
- 1 cup tinned pumpkin puree
- oil for greasing
- 120 g / 4.2oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Flora Buttery or dairy free butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp plant based milk
- 4 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 140 g / 5oz light brown sugar
- 150 g / 5.3oz Flora Buttery or dairy free butter
- First make the dough by combining the flour, yeast, cinnamon and sugar with a large pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the dairy free butter with the plant-based milk in a small saucepan on a low-medium heat, then pour the liquid into the large mixing bowl along with the pumpkin puree. Stir the dry and the wet ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Add a little more flour as you go if the dough becomes too sticky. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl (we use the large mixing bowl from earlier), cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a 23cm cake tin and leave to one side.
- Gently punch the holes out of the dough and transfer to a well-floured work surface. Roll it out into a rectangle approx 50cm by 30cm.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to trim the top and bottom so the edges are relatively straight.
- Combine the pumpkin spice ingredients together until fully combined. Then spoon over the dough and smooth out with the back of a metal spoon.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, make 3 vertical cuts into the dough to create 4 strips. Roll the first strip of dough, then roll the second strip around it. Repeat for the remaining 2 strips of dough.
- Place the giant roll in the greased cake tin, cover with a damp towel and leave to prove for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Bake the cinnamon roll for 45 minutes or until the dough is cooked, then remove from the tin and leave for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese frosting ingredients in a jug and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese frosting all over the giant pumpkin spiced cinnamon roll and there you have it! A complete party show stopper!