Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Spicy Sesame Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into florets [around 650 (700g])
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs [45g]
- 6 tbsp about 1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs [60g]
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour [60g]
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium [45ml]
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar [15 ml]
- 1/4 cup grade A maple syrup [60ml]
- 1 tbsp sesame oil [15ml}
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup water
- Cornstarch slurry: 2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- 2 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C).
- Cut the cauliflower in half and cut the green bottom off.
- Break the cauliflower into medium sized florets. Then cut the stems off. The florets should all be around the same size.
- Prepare chickpea flour “egg” wash by adding chickpea flour and water into a bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Add the breadcrumbs into a big bowl.
- Using one hand add a floret into the chickpea flour “egg” wash and drip off excess.
- Then using the other hand coat the floret in the breadcrumbs. I also like to sometimes shake the bowl to coat it. Using a wet hand and dry hand will help make the process more efficient.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once they are all on baking sheet place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. They will be golden and look dry when they are done.
- While they cook prepare the sauce. First, make the cornstarch slurry by adding the water and cornstarch to a small bowl and whisking together.
- Then in a big bowl or measuring add all of the sauce ingredients (not the slurry yet). Whisk together.
- Once it is whisked add the slurry in and whisk again.
- Heat the sauce up on a low heat in a pot on the stove. It should start out light brown and milky looking and turn dark and slightly more transparent. Stirring it every so often for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking let it cool for 15 minutes before tossing in the sauce.
- In a big bowl add some of the green onion, half of the sauce and the cauliflower. The add a little more sauce on top and coat. I like to add some sauce and then toss to make sure everything is getting evenly coated.
- Place in a bowl as an appetizer or serve with rice for dinner. Garnish with more green onion and sesame seeds.