Dairy-free puff pastry is easier than ever to find at the local supermarket. Grab an apple as well and you’ve got pretty much everything to make this recipe
- 1 puff pastry sheet I used Jus Rol
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple puree apple sauce
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp maple syrup with 3 tbsp plant based milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Divide puff pastry into 6 even squares. This is based on using Jus Rol puff pastry sheet. Puff pastry sheets may vary in size, the goal is to make easy medium sized squares.
- Brush the maple syrup and plant-based milk mixture across each side of each square.
- Add 1 tbsp of apple sauce in the centre of each puff pastry square.
- Place finely sliced apples in the centre of each puff pastry square on top of the apple sauce.
- Working with one pastry at a time, grab each corner of one side of the square and pinch each corner together covering half of the apples on one side of the pastry. Then repeat with the opposite side of the square puff pastry to then cover the other half of the apples.
- Place puff pastries in a preheated oven until golden brown.
- Remove pastries from the oven and brush with maple syrup to get a nice glossy finish.
This recipe was republished with permission from Rachel Ama. Find the original recipe here.