The vegan dip goes great on nachos, burritos, tacos – pretty much anything really!
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Add cashews to a sauce pan. Fill with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, remove from heat and let sit, (10-15 minutes) while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Alternatively, you can soak the cashews overnight in a bowl full of water.
- Chop sweet potato and onion into small pieces. Fill a sauce pan with water and add the sweet potato and onion. Boil until the sweet potato is soft.
- Meanwhile, finely chop and sauté the jalapeño.
- Once the cashews have cooled, drain them and add to your blender along with the almond milk. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, nutritional yeast and salt to the cashews. Blend together.
- Once the sweet potato and onions have cooled, add them to the cashew mixture. Blend until everything is mixed together and you have a creamy, smooth mixture.
- Once everything is well-blended together, drain about half of the liquid in the diced tomatoes. Add the tomatoes and jalapeños to the ‘queso’. Stir to combine.
- Serve with chips, on bean burritos, or tacos!
This recipe was republished with permission fro Pure & Plant-Based. Find the original recipe here.