- 2 cups rolled oats gluten free if needed (220 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds *see recipe notes (70 g)
- 1/2 heaped cup shredded unsweetened coconut 50 g (*see recipe notes)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 tsp cardamom optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup dried fruit *see recipe notes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup *see recipe notes (100 g)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter *see recipe notes (60 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
- Add all dry ingredients into a big bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Next, add dried fruit of choice (check the recipe notes below for options), maple syrup, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract. Stir with a spoon until all dry ingredients are coated and everything is well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Then gently press the stirred granola down with a wooden spoon (or spatula) so that it sticks together.
- Check after 16-18 minutes if the granola is already lightly brown. Watch it closely, to avoid burning. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Let it cool completely without touching it. Once it gets cooler the granola will crisp up. Store in air-tight containers.
- Enjoy your homemade nut-free granola with plant-based milk or use it to make these delicious GRANOLA CUPS.