Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 2 cups rolled oats gluten free if needed (220 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds *see recipe notes (70 g)
- 1/2 heaped cup shredded unsweetened coconut 50 g (*see recipe notes)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 tsp cardamom optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup dried fruit *see recipe notes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup *see recipe notes (100 g)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter *see recipe notes (60 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
Add all dry ingredients into a big bowl and stir with a spoon.
Next, add dried fruit of choice (check the recipe notes below for options), maple syrup, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract. Stir with a spoon until all dry ingredients are coated and everything is well mixed.
Transfer the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Then gently press the stirred granola down with a wooden spoon (or spatula) so that it sticks together.
Check after 16-18 minutes if the granola is already lightly brown. Watch it closely, to avoid burning. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Let it cool completely without touching it. Once it gets cooler the granola will crisp up. Store in air-tight containers.
Enjoy your homemade nut-free granola with plant-based milk or use it to make these delicious GRANOLA CUPS.