Warm up the cold nights with these chili fries topped with a vegan cheese sauce
- 1 box of Right Foods French Lentil soup
- 1 bell pepper [120g]
- 1/4 onion [20g]
- 1/2 cup kidney beans [125g]
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce [90g]
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chill powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup potatoes chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast [5g]
- 1/4 salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk [120g]
- 6 oz fries
- Prepare your fries whether you are making them homemade or store-bought.
- Prepare chili by adding chopped peppers and onions to a pot. Cook in 1-2 tbsp of water on low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Then add the lentil soup, kidney beans, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat to simmer.
- Prepare cheese sauce by boiling the potatoes, cashews and carrots for 15 minutes.
- Then drain and add them into a blender with the nutritional yeast, salt and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth.
- Once the fries are done cooking place them on a plate. Top with the chili and cheese sauce.
- Garnish with green onion, red onion and jalapeño.
This recipe was republished with permission from Plantifully Based. Find the original recipe here.