- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 4 5 small cloves of garlic
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 heaped tbsp cashew butter (40 g)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ -2/3 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tbsp cornstarch to thicken
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 7 oz 200 g of your favorite pasta regular or gluten (free)
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the peppers into strips, quarter the onion, and peel the garlic cloves. Transfer the veggies onto the baking sheet (check the photos in the blog post above).
- You can drizzle some oil on top or roast the veggies without oil in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- At the same time cook your favorite pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, measure the other ingredients.
- Add the roasted veggies with all other sauce ingredients to a blender (or food processor) and blend for a few minutes until super smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce into a skillet or pot and heat it up over medium heat. Let simmer for about a minute, add the pasta and stir with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more salt/black pepper/red pepper flakes to taste if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!