- 200 g 2 cups ground oats (gluten (free if needed))
- 100 g 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 75 g 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 90 g 1/2 cup dairy (free chocolate chips + more for the top)
- 240 g 1 cup pumkin puree
- 180 ml 3/4 cup plant (based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line an 8-inch (20 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. For the best results, I recommend measuring the ingredients on a scale in grams.
- Put all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a bowl and mix with a whisk. You can also process the ingredients in a food processor
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl and stir with a whisk (or use the pulse function of your food processor) until just combined (don’t over mix the batter).
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and add more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. You don’t want to over bake the pumpkin bread, but make sure the center isn’t wet anymore after inserting a toothpick in the center. It’s fine if it’s slightly crumbly though.
- Let the vegan pumpkin bread cool completely before you slice it. Enjoy! Store leftovers covered in an airtight container in the fridge.