- 8 wooden skewers soaked in warm water for 20-30 mins
- 1 pack firm tofu pressed to remove water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce gluten free
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp siracha
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce gluten free
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Combine all the spicy peanut sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Cut your pressed tofu into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the tofu marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk. Toss or brush the marinade onto your tofu cubes. Save the leftover marinade to spoon onto your tofu as you cook it.
- Skewer your tofu leaving a little space between each piece.
- Preheat your pan or grill pan to medium heat. Once warm, add the oil and tofu skewers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Brush additional marinade on top of the skewers, flip, and cook for 5 minutes or until the outside of the tofu is slightly crispy.
- Remove skewers from the heat. Serve with the spicy peanut sauce, sesame seeds, fresh chopped cilantro, and rice.