A sweet Maple and Siracha Tofu marinade paired with a spicy and creamy peanut sauce. Well, that's dinner sorted.
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in warm water for 20-30 mins
- 1 pack firm tofu pressed to remove water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce gluten free
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp siracha
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce gluten free
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Combine all the spicy peanut sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Cut your pressed tofu into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the tofu marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk. Toss or brush the marinade onto your tofu cubes. Save the leftover marinade to spoon onto your tofu as you cook it.
- Skewer your tofu leaving a little space between each piece.
- Preheat your pan or grill pan to medium heat. Once warm, add the oil and tofu skewers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Brush additional marinade on top of the skewers, flip, and cook for 5 minutes or until the outside of the tofu is slightly crispy.
- Remove skewers from the heat. Serve with the spicy peanut sauce, sesame seeds, fresh chopped cilantro, and rice.
This recipe was republished with permission from It’s All Good Vegan. Find the original recipe here.