- 100 g gram flour
- 50 g potato starch or tapioca starch
- 30 g cocoa or cacao powder
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g oil
- 225 g plant milk
- 1 tube red designer icing
- 1 tube black designer icing
- 1 tube green designer icing
- Vegan lollipops
- White marzipan or fondant icing
- Black fondant icing
- 30 g margarine
- 1 T cocoa
- 2 T icing sugar
- 1/2 T refined coconut oil optional
- In a large bowl mix the flours, cocoa powder, sugar and raising agents.
- Add oil and milk. Mix in well then pour the batter into a cupcake tin. The batter will be liquid.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes until cooked through. You can tell if it is ready by pressing on the top. If it bounces back it’s done. Allow the cakes to cool completely before decorating them.
- Roll out some white marzipan, cut 2 large rounds. Put 2 lollipops in 2 cakes. Cover them with the marzipan. Use a cocktail stick to make indents for the eyes and mouth. Make the eyes and mouth using a small amount of black fondant icing, then put them into the holes you made.
- For the spider cakes use the designer icing to make circles on 2 cakes. Use a cocktail stick, dragging it from the centre to the outer edge of the circles. To make the spiders use the black fondant icing to make 2 small spheres and 2 large spheres. Make thin strips, 32 in total, for the legs.
- To make the maggot cakes first make some chocolate fudge icing. Make chocolate fudge icing by mixing together margarine, cocoa and icing sugar. If your margarine is very soft add the coconut oil. Many brands of vegan margarine are very soft so do not set well. Spread the icing onto 2 cakes. To make the maggots roll small pieces of marzipan, indent them using a knife. Put them onto the cakes.