- 50 g cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 90 ml water
- 370 g vegan condensed milk
- 450 ml vegan double cream we used Elmlea
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 100 g approx. chocolate of your choice (or vegan brownies etc), broken into chunks (we were indulgent and used a bar of Rhythm 108 Hazelnut Truffle bar)
- In a small saucepan, mix together the cocoa powder and water on a medium heat for a few minutes until the cocoa powder has dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric whisk to thicken up the double cream. Then add the cocoa mix, the condensed milk, salt and vanilla and whisk again until combined and the cocoa powder has dissolved.
- Add most of the chocolate chunks and then pour into a 2 litre container. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate and then freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.