Light and fluffy swirl buns filled with juicy raisins and covered with sweet cinnamon sugar. Glazed with a gorgeous sticky vegan cream cheese frosting.
- 180 g self raising flour
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 120 ml soy milk
- 20 g vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15 g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 25 g vegan butter melted
- 50 g raisins
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 100 g vegan cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy milk
- 30 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and prepare an oven-proof dish by greasing with vegan butter or margarine.
- In a large bowl add the flour and 20g coconut sugar. To a second bowl stir together the milk, 20g melted butter or margarine and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to bring the dough together. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead with your hands for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll the dough flat into a rectangle about 1/2cm thick.
- Stir together the 15g sugar and cinnamon for the filling. Spread most of the 25g melted vegan butter or margarine over the dough and sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle over the raisins.
- With the longest edge of the rectangle closest to you, roll the dough up to reach the top. Using a sharp knife, slice into 2-cm strips and transfer to the prepared dish. Nestle the buns close to each other. Spread over the remaining melted butter or margarine and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen.
- Allow to cool in the dish on wire rack until almost fully cool.
- Stir together all the ingredients for the cream cheese glaze – use a whisk to get rid of any lumps and stir until smooth. Spread the glaze over the buns and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and coconut sugar.
This recipe was republished with permission from Nourishing Amy. The original recipe can be found here.