- 1 tin of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 aubergine – cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp of harissa paste
- 300 g of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- The zest of 1 lemon
- An handful of chopped mint leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of tahini + the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 3 tbsp of water to thin it out
- Flatbread to serve
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celsius. Add the oil to a large baking tray and place it n the oven for 5 minutes until hot. Add the aubergine cubes to the hot oil together with the harissa paste. Mix everything really well so the aubergine gets all nicely coated. Place the tray back in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and add the cherry tomatoes. Return the tray to the oven for 20 minutes. Add the drained chickpeas and stir well then return the tray to the oven for a final 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, stir in the lemon zest and season with salt & pepper.
- To make the tahini dressing simply mix all the ingredients into a bowl until you have a creamy and runny consistency.
- Serve the chickpea bake with a generous drizzle of the tahini dressing, mint leaves and flat bread.