- 1 nest of ramen [70g]
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 oz extra firm tofu cubed
- 4 small heads bok choy chopped [80g]
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 shallot diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 1/8 cup roasted peanuts chopped [14g]
- 3 4 stalks green onion
- Microgreens and sesame seeds
Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/8 lime juiced
- Prepare the Pad Thai sauce by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking together. If you do not like your food spicy add less sriracha.
- In a pot add 1 tsp of sesame oil, the shallots and garlic. Cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the broth, coconut milk and Pad Thai sauce. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for it to boil you can chop up the bok choy, peanuts, green onion and tofu.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of sesame oil and pan fry the tofu until crispy.
- Once the soup is boiling add the ramen, bok choy and half of the green onion. Mix together and boil until ramen is cooked.
- When the soup is done and tofu is crispy you are ready to plate the soup!
- Add it into a big bowl and top with extra lime juice, lime, sriracha if you like, peanuts, remaining green onion and microgreens.
- If you want to make it even more like Pad Thai you could add in bean sprouts, vegan scrambled egg or even make the soup with Pad Thai noodles.