This is the ultimate Easter treat for kids and adults alike!
- 400 g/2½ cups plain flour use GF if required
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g vegan mini eggs eg Doisy & Dam or use alternative
- 150 g/¾ cup golden caster sugar
- 170 g/¾ cup soft light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 250 g/1 cup vegan butter we used Naturli block, very slightly softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed combined with 3 tbsp water, mixed in a bowl and set aside
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until creamy and soft.
Spoon the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine. You’ll probably need to use your hands to form into a soft dough.
Firmly and evenly press the dough into the lined baking tray.
Place the tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check after 15 minutes and if it is browning too quickly then cover it with tin foil and place back in the oven.
Best served warm and gooey.